Liturgy for the end of a shocker




Today, has been one of the busiest shifts in my memory.  It has been chaotic and unsafe.
Yet, this I call to mind.  This I put on my lips… ‘I believe that you are Sovereign
I put my trust in you.

Today, I have prayed for healing but then watched my patient deteriorate.
Yet, this I call to mind.  This I put on my lips… ‘I believe that you are faithful
I put my trust in you.

Today, stories of trauma were disclosed to me that have been disturbing and deeply distressing.
Yet this I call to mind, This I put on my lips… ‘I believe that you are good
I put my trust in you.

Today, I have heard your name slandered and misused.  I’ve heard your people mocked
Yet this I call to mind, This I put on my lips… ‘I believe that you are holy
I put my trust in you.

Today, I have been shouted and sworn at.  Disappointed and grieving relatives throw hate at me.
Yet this I call to mind, This I put on my lips… ‘I believe that you are love
I put my trust in you.

Today, I have doubted my ability to do this job anymore.   At times I have doubted who you say you are too.
Yet this I call to mind.  This I put on my lips… ‘I believe that you are the one true God
I put my trust in you.
Amen