Whole-hearted worship

Luke 7 v. 36-50 


I want my worship to look like this woman’s
maybe I’ll even make spectacle of myself
would people around me say
‘oh don’t mind Bex,
you won’t believe what God has done in her life’
because I too have been forgiven much you see.

I might not have been notorious in my sinful lifestyle
I thank God that I found him, or he that He found me? 
that we found each other while I was still young
but I don’t have to get too imaginative to guess what this sinful heart is capable of
just knowing the thought patterns I indulge in
my sinful tendencies.

Thank you God for saving me
and your ongoing commitment to saving me
because forgiving me isn’t all the ‘much’ he’s done.
If I’m a bit too loud, or a bit too passionate,
too this, too that
or just too much.
That would be because He first loved me much
He is transforming me much
He is faithful to me much
His is good to me much

He is merciful to me much.
He has given me much Hope
He has given me much peace
He has given me much joy
He has given me much grace and much freedom
and so it's going to be much of a muchness to me
whether we’ve got a full band, and the stage is all singing and dancing
or if just a couple of us are raising our voices together in a prayer meeting
I will never be able to express just how much I love Him.

No shout could be loud enough
no song could be long enough
no lyric could be articulate enough
no dance could be enthusiastic enough
He has done.  And just is.  So much.
And he deserves much much more than I could ever give him
but for all my days and then into eternity I’m going to keep trying
to express my love to my God of the much.

Amen.